Date: Sat, Jan 10, 2022 at 11:52 AM
Subject: RE:Crash in bitcoin 0.1.0
Normally I would keep the symbols in, but they increased the size of the EXE from 6.5MB to 50MB so I just couldn’t justify not stripping them. I guess I made the wrong decision, at least for this early version. I’m kind of surprised there was a crash, I’ve tested heavily and haven’t had an outright exception for a while. Come to think of it, there isn’t even an exception print at the end of debug.log. I’ve been testing on XP SP2, maybe SP3 is something.
I’ve attached bitcoin.exe with symbols. (gcc symbols for gdb, if you’re using MSVC I can send you an MSVC build with symbols)
Thanks for your help!
>Hi Satoshi - I tried running bitcoin.exe from the 0.1.0 package, and >it crashed. I am running on an up to date version of XP, SP3. The >debug.log output is attached. There was also a file db.log but it was >empty.
>The crash allowed me to start up a debugger, but there were no >symbols. The exception was at address 00930AF7. The displayed call >stack was 942316 called by 508936.
>When I have a chance, I’ll try building it, although it looks like it
>would take me a while to acquire all the dependencies. >